This recipe still needs a little tweaking but I wanted to share it anyway.
I just took a standard butterfly buns recipe from the bake cookbook and then changed pretty much all the ingredients so I could eat them :)
To make these you will need a hand mixer, mixing bowl, bun tin, bun cases and the following ingredients.
for the buns
3 oz of almond flour
3 oz of barley flour
2 eggs
4 1/2 oz butter
1 tbl vanilla essence
4 - 6 tbl coconut sugar
1tbl baking powder
for the icing
Coconut oil
green and blacks cocoa powder
maple syrup
rock salt
Mix the butter with the electric mixer until light and fluffy and then add the sugar and mix it some more. (I used 4 tbl but I think it might need a little more to make them just sweet enough)
add the eggs one by one and vanilla essence mixing some more with the hand mixer.
Mix the two flours and baking powder and gradually fold into the mixture.
When its all well mixed spoon it into cupcakes and put in a pre heated over 180C (fan oven) or 200C (conventional oven) for about 12 minutes
Leave to cool in the tray and when cold pour the icing to the middle of the cupcake and allow to drizzle outwards.
The icing
Add 4 tbl of coconut oil to a saucepan on a low heat and allow to melt
once melted add two tablespoons cocoa powder and mix thoroughly
then add a sprinkle of salt and maple syrup to taste ( add a spoonful and taste and if not sweet enough add more)
allow to set on buns (should only take about 10 mins or so) and then try not to eat them all yourself
No comments:
Post a Comment